From [HERE] Perhaps Mittens could have explained why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) has neither formally apologized for its priesthood ban of Blacks nor publicly repudiated many of the theories [HERE] used to justify it for more than 125 years. Until 1978, Blacks were banned from a position open to nearly all Mormon males and the gateway to sacramental and leadership roles. The church had also barred black men and women from temple ceremonies that promised access in the afterlife to the highest heaven. Mormons believed that blacks were the cursed descendants of Cain, the biblical murderer. After a "divine revelation" sandwich in 1978 the First President of the Mormons declared that God had changed his mind about Blacks [MORE] and [MORE]. Mittens was in his 30's at the time and although he was a leader in the LDS, he never spoke out against it or acknowledged it was an issue.
Although the LDS claims to now be inclusive, it remains overwhelmingly white. A recent survey by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life found that blacks comprise just 1 percent of the nearly 6 million Mormons in the U.S.
The following are highlights from the Mormon doctrine known as the Curse of Cain Doctrine. Because of this doctrine, all black Mormons, and anyone with "one drop of Negro blood" was banned from the Mormon Temple and the Mormon priesthood.
- Adam and Eve were white people, living in the Garden of Eden in what is now Jackson County, Missouri, who looked like Anglo-Saxons (like 19th century Mormons).
- Cain was a white man until he killed Abel, so God changed him into the first Negro.
- Cain was also "cursed" in that the ground would not yield its fruit to him, and he would have to wander the Earth.
- Also, the "seed of Cain" would also inherit his "cursed" and "mark" and also they would be deprived of the Priesthood until the LORD removed the Curse of Cain sometime after Abel was resurrected, had children, and all of Abel's male descendants received the Priesthood first, then the Curse of Cain would be removed.
- Cain tells the LORD that anyone who finds him will kill him, so the LORD gives Cain a "mark of protection" called "The Mark of Cain" as a warning to those who want to kill him, that Cain will be avenged seven-fold.
- The Mark of Cain was a black skin, flat nose, and kinky hair.
- Cain married his sister, and she became the second Negro ever because the Lord also "changed" her from a white Anglo-Saxon looking woman into a Negro.
- All the spirits who fought for Jesus against Lucifer in the War in Heaven, before this Earth was formed, but who were "less valiant"--were punished by being born into "the lineage of Cain" as Negroes, and thus "deprived of intelligence", with "mis-shapen" and "ugly" bodies, and destined to be "servants" of the white man, their superiors, until the Curse of Cain was removed by the LORD sometime after the Millennium was over.
- The LORD commanded that the white-skinned Sethites had to remain separate from the black-skinned Cainites, because inter-marriage between white and black is an "abomination" to the LORD and all "normally-minded people".
- The Cainites intermarried with the white Sethites, which caused the Lord to send the Flood of Noah.
- Noah and his family were the only pure Sethites left, and this is why the Lord wanted to spare them.
- But Ham disobeyed the Lord, and married a Cainite woman named "Egyptus", a Cainite woman already pregnant with a full Negro child (Canaan).
- Canaan and his descendants went into Africa, and a few to India and Australia and New Guinea.
- Negroes are Canaanite (descends of Canaan), and also Cainites: because Egyptus, the mother of Canaan, was a Cainite woman that Ham married.
- Negroes are banned from the Temple and the Priesthood until the Curse of Cain is removed by the Lord sometime after the Millennium (1000 year reign of Christ on Earth) is over. [MORE]